The current agreement with East End Health Alliance may terminate on July 15, 2011, meaning that East End Health Alliance will become non-participating for all ASO groups and members on that date.
Please note the following:
- · East End Health Alliance consists of the following hospitals in Suffolk County, NY:
o Eastern Long Island Hospital, Greenport, NY
o Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead, NY
o Southampton Hospital, Southampton, NY
- · This term will affect all commercial products (UnitedHealthcare, Oxford, Medicare and Medicaid)
- · If the term goes through, the two month cooling off period required by the State of New York will apply to fully insured commercial and Medicare members only. East End Health Alliance will become non-participating for all ASO groups and members on July 15, 2011.
- · East End Health Alliance will become non-participating for fully insured commercial, Medicare and Medicaid members on September 15, 2011.
- · We will have Transitional Care guidelines in place so members who have scheduled or ongoing medical treatments at East End Health Alliance hospitals will continue to get care as appropriate.
- · After July 14, 2011, a PCP or specialist should not refer ASO members to an EEHA hospital for any treatment or test. Instead, these members should be referred to one of the major neighboring hospitals in Suffolk County that are in our network, as listed below:
o Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
o John T. Mather Memorial Hospital
o Saint Charles Hospital
o Stony Brook University Medical Center
o St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
o Southside Hospital