Empire Blue Cross terminates South Nassau Community Hospital
- Tuesday, 26 June 2018 06:48
From Empire Blue Cross: “We are actively negotiating a renewal deal but we have reached a point where we are proceeding with the activities to terminate our contract effective 5/1/18. The 60 day cooling off period ends 7/1/18 , on 5/15/18 notification letters were mailed to our members. As always we are continuing our dialogue with the facility in the hopes of reaching a mutually acceptable agreement.”
Therefore as of 7/1, at the end of the cooling off period, if no deal has been reached, South Nassau will be out of the network.
Major Changes to NY Empire and Oxford plans for 2017
- Thursday, 24 November 2016 10:02
Empire Blue Cross Network Changes-
- EPO/PPO (i.e. “BlueCard”) –this is Empire’s best-in-class legacy BlueCard network
- Blue Priority – full BlueCard hospital network with a narrowed practitioner (doctor) network when in Empire’s 28-county service area. Plans are non-gated with National BlueCard access for folks living and traveling outside of NY. Most of Northwell doctors now are non-participating in the Blue Priority Network. Doctors were just notified in November. The change does not impact BlueCard and/or Pathway networks – Northwell doctors and hospitals still participate in both of those.
- Pathway – narrowed hospital and practitioner network limited to Empire’s 28-county service area (though this network has grown to be fairly comprehensive, missing really only Memorial Sloan Kettering & SUNY Stonybrook)
Read more ...