Major Changes to NY Empire and Oxford plans for 2017
- Thursday, 24 November 2016 10:02
Empire Blue Cross Network Changes-
- EPO/PPO (i.e. “BlueCard”) –this is Empire’s best-in-class legacy BlueCard network
- Blue Priority – full BlueCard hospital network with a narrowed practitioner (doctor) network when in Empire’s 28-county service area. Plans are non-gated with National BlueCard access for folks living and traveling outside of NY. Most of Northwell doctors now are non-participating in the Blue Priority Network. Doctors were just notified in November. The change does not impact BlueCard and/or Pathway networks – Northwell doctors and hospitals still participate in both of those.
- Pathway – narrowed hospital and practitioner network limited to Empire’s 28-county service area (though this network has grown to be fairly comprehensive, missing really only Memorial Sloan Kettering & SUNY Stonybrook)
Read more ...
What information do I need to see if I can get a subsidy?
- Wednesday, 26 October 2016 15:24
Only a small amount of information is required in order for us to help you determine (a) if you qualify for a subsidy, (b) what plans are available in your area, and (c) what would be best for you.
Simply email us the name, date of birth and smoking status of each person to be covered. Include your zip code, and (to determine subsidy) your adjusted gross income for this year. Be sure to include a phone number so we can get back to you!
Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes
- Wednesday, 26 October 2016 15:17
From The AP:
“WASHINGTON – Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama’s health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That’s sure to stoke another “Obamacare” controversy days before a presidential election.
Read more ...