2018 ObamaCare Open Enrollment Rules
- Open Enrollment will be from November 1 through December 15 this year.
- This year if you dropped coverage, and then re-enroll with the same carrier, you may be required to pay back premiums!
- Rules are being modified to allow for more lower-priced options this year.
*Recent statistics related to the Affordable Care Act:
- Approximately one-third of counties in the U.S. have only one insurer participating in their exchange for 2017.
- Five states have only one insurer participating in their exchange for 2017.
- The premium for the benchmark second-lowest cost “silver plan” on HealthCare.gov increased by an average of 25 percent from 2016-2017.
- Approximately 500,000 fewer Americans selected a plan in the exchange open enrollment in 2017 than in 2016.
- Many states saw double digit increases in their insurance premiums including:
– AZ: 116%
– OK: 69%
– TN: 63%
– AL: 58%
– PA: 53%