Rebates will be coming to SC customers from 11 companies who did not spend at least the required 80% of premiums on claims.
Understand that, if your employees pay for the insurance, some, or all, of the rebate is due back to them.
Those carriers are:
11 insurers owe rebates in S.C.:
- BlueChoice HealthPlan of South Carolina Inc., $1.2 million
- BlueCross and BlueShield of South Carolina, $6.3 million
- Coventry Health Care of the Carolinas, $2 million
- Freedom Life Insurance Company of America, $82,321
- Golden Rule Insurance Co., $2.7 million
- John Alden Life Insurance Co., $38,417
- Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of Tennessee, $144,056
- National Foundation Life Insurance Co., $135,634
- Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York, $71,652
- The United States Life Ins. Co. in the City of New York, $20,319
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of the River Valley, $79,822